October 1, 2009

After a Long Depressing Day: Part I




I have literally sat in the same spot since 10am this morning (its now 5pm) revising and re-writing personal statements for my graduate school applications and after all the coffee and pink "focus" vitamin water what to I have to show? Something I could've posted on this blog. LMAO

I'm not saying that the content of my blogs are poor. Really, I love this blog and I like my writing voice BUT... it's probably not the appropriate tone for a graduate school essay. In my defense though, my essay has all the important information like what I want to research and why. It has a high 3+ syllable/word ratio. But for some reason I can't help but feel like the graduate school admissions committee is going to read my essay and laugh. And not just that either. After they laugh and discard my essay into the environmentally friendly paper shredder, they will pick up my transcript and fold it over to scrape their little poodle, Froo-Froo's, hot wet shit off the sidewalk.

Too much?

I guess my point is that my "educated, intelligent, young woman" swagger's been compromised. I blame the 142 job offers I've applied to and all the cover lette
rs I had to personalize and follow-up e-mails that I've sent while those shmucks in the hiring department haven't even bothered to send a mass e-mail stating that the position has been filled. >Sigh.<


With the loss of my swag and this depressing job search, how does one fight off the onset of depression? Usually, I'd say with retail therapy, however for obvious reasons, that will only stir up more conflict with bill collectors.

No. Instead I have found solace in laughing at people who have it worse than me right now. Like take Kanye West for example. He always brings a bright smile to my face. All that money, fame and talent... but I bet he'll never be invited to another awards show, ever! HAhahaha. And how about my depressing 23rd birthday... Well, that will be overshadowed by my cousin's 30th birthday two short days after mine. DAMN. Turning 30 must REALLY suck. HAHHAHAHA.


And on that note, I'm feeling rather swaggalicious. Must be that "I'm still in my 20's" swag!

Axe, Rachel

2 comments:

Thalia said...

Lol, too funny! And don't worry, you're birthday is first and is just as special...we've just got to pay a lil more attention to Rico's...I mean, hell he's entering a new decade! EWWW

Unknown said...

lol atleast you can write... well mite i add